Get the recipe for our favorite Alfredo sauce! With just three ingredients and a few minutes of prep, its so easy to throw together and tastes amazing!
Please note: This post may contain affiliate links, for our full disclosure click HERE.
Raise your hand if you are a big fan of Alfredo. My hand is raised, ha! If I ever go to an Italian restaurant I almost always order some kind of Alfredo dish, usually fettuccine Alfredo.
I feel like Alfredo sauce and any kind of pasta Alfredo was something that I used to only have at restaurants. Since I’ve been making this homemade Alfredo sauce, its become such an easy, weeknight meal! We have it about once every other week now!
You’ll be so surprised at how easy this Alfredo sauce recipe is and what a delicious pasta Alfredo it can make.
Since this dish has become a staple in our home, I pretty much always have all of the ingredients on hand. I buy a large bag of shredded, Parmesan cheese from Costco and I keep it in our freezer. Whenever I need any I just pull out however much I need.
I also always have heavy whipping cream in our fridge and dried noodles in the pantry!
This sauce comes together in literally just a few minutes and its great paired with your favorite kind of noodles.
Pasta For Homemade Alfredo Sauce
In the past I would usually make homemade fettuccine noodles to have with this Alfredo sauce. I have of course used store-bought noodles as well, and both have been super yummy!
Recently I bought a big package of organic pasta from Costco, with short, Penne style noodles. I’ve been adding those to this Alfredo sauce and it makes the quickest, most delicious, weeknight meal!
Whatever pasta you decide to use, be sure to only use one pound. The pasta that I bought from Costco comes in package sizes that are a little over a pound, and sometimes I forget. If I do forget the sauce to pasta ratio isn’t quite right! So use exactly one pound.
Pasta Alfredo Add-Ins
One of our favorite add-ins to this pasta Alfredo is chicken. If I get a rotisserie chicken at the store, we’ll have it by itself one night and the next night I’ll make the pasta and add the leftover chicken.
I have also added on leftover chicken from grilled chicken thighs or grilled drumsticks (something I make often as well).
Recently when I didn’t have any chicken I added some chopped, cooked bacon. My husband said that was his favorite combination! I’d love to try some kind of seafood, like grilled shrimp. Really you can add in whatever you like!
Alfredo Sauce Ingredients
- one stick of butter (Kerrygold butter gives it an amazing flavor, and is from grass-fed cows)
- 1 cup of shredded, Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- parsley for garnish (optional)
- 1 pound of cooked pasta
- meat of choice
Alfredo Sauce Instructions
- Melt one stick of butter in a large, cast iron skillet
- Cook pasta according to package and drain.
- Turn off skillet, add cooked pasta to melted butter and add in cream and Parmesan cheese.
- Stir until melted and fully incorporated. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with meat of choice.
- Garnish with fresh or dried parsley.
- Serve immediately.
Get the printable recipe to this homemade Alfredo sauce below!
Homemade Alfredo Sauce
- cast iron skillet
- 1 stick butter we love Kerrygold butter for extra flavor and nutritional benefits
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 pound pasta whatever pasta you like: homemade fettucine noodles, organic short pasta, etc.
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley for garnish optional
- While your pasta is cooking, melt 1 stick of butter in a cast iron skillet.
- Cook pasta accordingly and drain.
- Add freshly drained pasta to cast iron skillet with butter, and add cream and Parmesan cheese, stirring until melted.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with freshly chopped or dried parsley.